Hi All! Hope you are all staying warm wherever you are! Our heat is back on and the high today is around 25! It is like a heatwave! We live in a retirement community so everyone’s yard is perfect and ours is so trampled. Drake and Deuce (our cowdog reject) absolutely love the snow. I love to look at it from inside with a cup of coffee… Don’t get me wrong, I would love to play in it, but not yesterday when it is 2 degrees.
Chris has been working a lot of long hours and I am never sure when he will be home. This deliciousness I whipped up super fast last night because he was home at an unexpected time. Drake was super helpful………………………………………..
I don’t know if you have had PF Chang’s lettuce wraps, but they used to be one of my favorite treats ever! I haven’t had them in years because I found this lovely recipe. It is from One Lovely Life. For so little effort it is so yummy and super quick!!
I was going to take a picture… they were eaten too fast!
I also use her dipping sauce for other recipes as well. Delicious!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 6-8oz button or baby bella mushrooms, finely minced
- 1 (8oz) can water chestnuts, drained and minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil (olive or coconut oil would work well too)
- ¼-1/3 cup coconut aminos, GF tamari, or soy sauce
- Lettuce leaves (romaine hearts or iceberg lettuce work well)
- Prepare the filling by heating the oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned and cooked all the way through.
- Add mushrooms, water chestnuts, green onions, ginger, and garlic. Cook until fragrant and cooked through.** about 2-4 mins depending on your preference. Add 4 Tbsp coconut aminos or tamari and stir to coat chicken mixture.
- Add additional sauce as desired (remember you don’t want it too wet, or it will make eating your lettuce wraps a very messy, soggy experience).
- Scoop mixture onto lettuce leaves. top with cilantro, if desired, and your favorite dipping sauce.